Sunday, August 2, 2020

SPELLING WORDS # 18 THE SNOW BABY


WEEK # 18
Spelling Words



                                                      VOCABULARY WORDS # 11
                                                            THE SNOW BABY
                                                             

1. Below - Lower down                   11. Lift - Raise upward
2. Cheek - Side of face                    12. Sake - Benefit
3. Crops- Cultivated                        13. Seem - Be probable
4. Embrace - Hug                            14. Shadow - Dark shape cast by sun
5. Fail - Not succeed                       15. Sorrow- Extreme sadness
6. Fear - Be afraid of                       16. Still - As before
7. Gentle - Kind, pleasant               17. Strength - Force
8. Glow - Healthy radiance             18. Tear - Drop of water from eyes
9. Goats - Farm animal                   19. Tender - Kind, gentle
10.Journey - Extended travel          20. Willow - A tree

SENTENCES

1. The coffee maker is kept below the coffee cups.

2. The girl´s cheeks were red with embarrassment.

3. My grandfather's farm always had crops of corn and tomato.

4. I love to embrace my mother.

5. The plan failed because they ran  out of money.

6. I fear that they were in an accident.

7. He is a gentle boy.

8. Her skin always has a nice glow to it.

9. I prefer goat's milk than cow's milk.

10. We went on a journey around South America.

11. He lifted the tray above the kids.

12. I argued for your sake.

13. She seems tired, but I am not sure.

14. The animal made a shadow on the wall as he passed by.

15. When his father died, he was overwhelmed by sorrow.

16. He ran a mile, but he still had energy.

17. The man built up his strength by going to the gym every day.

18.A tear ran down his cheek.

19. When I am sad my tender son comforts me.

20. There was a willow at the bottom of the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment